Welcome to Little House Nursery
Little House Nursery is a private day care nursery situated in a converted house, on the corner of Revelstoke Road and Durnsford Avenue. We are conveniently located between Wimbledon Park and Southfields tube stations for commuters into Central London, and for local residents.
We are open full-time from 8:00am – 7:00pm caring for children from 3 months to 5 years.
Our philosophy is that every child we care for deserves a calm, caring, safe and stimulating environment in which to learn.
We adhere to our registration on the Ofsted Early Years Register. This monitors the overall quality standards of the early years provision in line with the principles and requirements of the ‘Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage’.
Our main aim is to provide a secure and happy environment where children can learn through play.
Your first settling in sessions will give you and your child an opportunity to get to know your child’s Key Person.
We regularly offer opportunities for learning outdoors – giving children the freedom to explore and be physically active.
Our menus are designed by the nursery chef and a paediatric dietician to meet the needs of each age group.
“They are the best nursery staff anyone could wish for… I cannot fault any of them. They are always smiling, positive and interested in all the children.”
“She loves it and is very obviously happy and cared for. This is a very special place. It is warm and nurturing as well as being inspiring for the children – it ticks all the developmental boxes.”
“Both girls are incredibly happy at nursery. They happily enter the baby room and big room where they are always greeted with smiles and hugs.”
We offer unique and exciting extra-curricular activities for our children which include amongst others:
- Wake up and shake up – an activity to energise the brain using cross-lateral movements
- A cookery station which incorporates many aspects of the curriculum
- Community visits which allow children to experience social activities outside the nursery setting
- A range of bespoke activities which promote your child’s well-being and confidence, including Emotions Boxes and Chatterboxes
- Garden Champions (RHS School Awards Level 1) – our own bespoke extra-curricular gardening activity which is supported by the Royal Horticultural Society’s School Gardening Awards training programme.
- Forest School sessions in Wimbledon Park
- Multi sports
Click the button below for full details of the amazing extra-curricular activities on offer for our children.
Little House is situated on the corner of Revelstoke Road and Durnsford Avenue SW19.